Summer has arrived!
School is out, the weather is warm, and the days are long. Do you have plans to keep you and your kids (and their brains!) busy over the next few months? Ensure that you are getting the most out of this summer by creating a smart bucket list with the family!
Get creative and draw out pictures, cut and paste from a magazine, or use stickers to illustrate your summer bucket list. Write out everything you and your family would like to do together and make it into a fun collage. Be sure to involve fun learning activities to keep the kids’ brains active during these next few months!
Here are a list of 50 ideas to help you get started on your list – a little art, a little entertainment, a little science, and a lot of family fun.
- Take a family trip to the zoo
- Head to the beach
- Go on a Nature Hunt, collecting items you see along the way
- Head to the library for story-time
- Have a backyard BBQ
- Make some slime!
- Play at local parks
- Have a “car wash” with toy cars in the kiddie pool
- Go camping in the backyard
- Create art with sidewalk chalk
- Make a water play station
- Go out for frozen yogurt
- Make an outdoor obstacle course
- Play with pom poms in the pool
- Go bike riding on a trail
- Make a construction site in the sandbox
- Go on a boat ride
- Go to the mall on a rainy day
- Make DIY sidewalk chalk paint
- Play with Magnetic Tiles on the Garage Door
- Go to an outdoor concert
- Mix up Oobleck with corn starch and water
- Go fishing for toys with a bug net in the kiddie pool
- Go to a splash pad
- Make a giant painting together
- Play board games
- Make cookies together
- Go to a baseball game
- Make a fort with blankets
- Watch fireworks at a festival
- Build an outdoor ramp for toy vehicles
- Draw a sidewalk chalk city with roads and buildings
- Paint with sensory balls
- Have a water balloon toss
- Go to the local museum
- Go see a movie at the theater
- Make a paper plate fish craft
- Do an ice excavating experiment!
- Go strawberry picking
- Wash toy farm animals in the kiddie pool
- Run through the sprinkler
- Go to a parade
- Make fruit smoothies
- Go to the local swimming pool
- Make an ice cream cone sensory bin with bowls, cones and pom poms
- Make homemade flour paint with flour, food coloring and water!
- Plant a tree
- Make lemonade with fresh lemons
- Go fishing off a dock
- Have a picnic at the park!
I hope this is enough to get you started on your own family bucket lists.
Hopefully you found plenty of ideas that you and your kids can enjoy together. Now, go and create your own fun and creative bucket list and enjoy some family bonding time this summer!